This dish was apparently created in the restaurants of UK, and is one of the most frequently ordered dishes. Now you can make the same dish in your own kitchen. Mmmmm. It’s a sure winner!
- Boneless chicken – 500 g
- Sour cream – 1 1/2 cups
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
- Hot paprika powder – 2 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 2 level tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1 level tbsp.
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Large onion – finely chopped
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Chopped tomatoes – 4 cups or 1 can of tomatoes
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp.
- Cube the chicken into large pieces.
- Mix the sour cream, the ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Mix this in with the cubed chicken.
- Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for 2 hours. Overnight would be best.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- When you are ready to cook, grease a tray and place the pieces of chicken on it.
- Place the tray in the oven and let the chicken cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes and keep them in different bowls.
- Heat a big wok. Add oil and the butter to it.
- Heat the oil and butter for a few minutes, and add the cumin seeds to it.
- When they crackle, add the chopped onions to the wok.
- Sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Now add the tomatoes and sauté till the whole mixture softens. Now put in the grilled chicken pieces and mix everything well.
- Let the whole mixture bubble gently on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and mix it in well.
- Crumble the kasuri methi between the palms of your hands, and add it to the curry.
- Take the wok off the heat.
- Top the curry with a tablespoon of sour cream and serve hot with chapatis, naan or basmati rice.