An unlikely combination, you might think. But it works really well. Ideal for the hot summer we have in store! The tartness of the lemon juice in the dressing cuts through the sweetness of the beetroot and makes this a satisfying and healthy salad option!
- Boiled chickpeas – 2 cups
- Parboiled beetroot – 1 large or 2 medium-sized
- Purple onion – 1
- Hot mustard – 2 tsp.
- Lemon juice 200 ml.
- Honey 50 ml.
- salt to taste
Feta cheese – 100 g.
Fresh mint leaves – a handful
- Peel and thinly slice the beetroot.
- Salt the chickpeas after they have been cooked.
- Make the salad dressing, whisking all the ingredients together.
- Thinly slice the onion, salt it and soak it in cold water.
- Now you just have to put the salad together.
- Take a large bowl. Add the chickpeas, beetroot slices, sliced onions and salad dressing and toss together.
- Refrigerate this for about half an hour. This allows the ingredients to get to ‘know’ each other.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve.
- You can also add 2 tbsp. of fresh, chopped mint leaves. This gives the salad a great pizzaz!
Vegans just need to omit the feta cheese.